Market Activity Summary
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
DRE # 00950378
“The best compliment you can offer is a referral!”
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
As per the Bay East Association of Realtors, Days on Market (DOM) for the Castro Valley area year-to-date is around 55. The median detached home price in Castro Valley for June was $495,000. As of the last day of June there were 131 active homes in Castro Valley. At current selling rates this means there is approximately 3 months of inventory in Castro Valley remaining.
As of July 21, 2010 there were thirteen homes in Palomares Hills listed in a price range of $399,950-1,537,000. Four homes are townhouses and Duets and nine homes are Single Family Homes.
There are ten properties currently listed in Five Canyons, Castro Valley with seven Single Family homes and three condos in the price range of $398,000-949,000.
There are 168 listings currently for sale in Castro Valley California. The price range is $116,100-$3,199,000
|Castro Valley Statistics||Active||Pending||Sold||Months Supply|
As per the California Association of Realtors, first time home buyers increased for the second year due to housing affordability and the first time home buyer credit.
The tax credit was the primary reason for those buyers who may not have had enough down payment and the tax credit helped to cover the difference.
Generally speaking, distressed properties and short sales sell for a lot less than the regular properties and with such an abundance of distressed properties on the market, first time home buyers affordability increased.
I specialize in Five Canyons and Palomares Hills. If you are looking for a list of Castro Valley Homes for sale, or sell your home in Castro Valley for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars, please call Meena Gujral at 925-425-9491 or go to my website:
To see my other Real Estate Blogs click:
To see virtual Tours on all my listings click on the link:
When you’re selling your home in Castro Valley, California, the price you set is a critical factor in the return you’ll receive. That’s why you need a professional evaluation from an experienced Realtor®. Meena Gujral can provide you with an honest assessment of your home, based on several factors, including:
• Market conditions
•Condition of your home
• Repairs or improvements
• Selling timeframe.
In real estate terms, market value is the price at which a particular house, in its current condition, should sell within 30 to 90 days.
If the price of your home is too high, this could cause several things:
• Limits buyers. Potential buyers may not view your home because it appears to be out of their buying range.
• Limits showings. Other salespeople may be more reluctant to view your home.
• Used as leverage. Other Realtors® may use this home to drive the sale of other homes that are better-priced.
• Extended stay on the market. When a home is on the market too long, it may be perceived as defective. Buyers may wonder, “what’s wrong,” or “why hasn’t this sold?”
• Lower price. An overpriced home, still on the market beyond the average selling time, could lead to a lower selling price. To sell it, you will have to reduce the price – sometimes several times. In the end, you’ll probably get less than if it had been properly priced in the first place.
• Wasted time and energy. A bank appraisal is most often required to finance a home.
Realtors® have known it for years – well-kept homes in Castro Valley that are properly priced in the beginning always get you the fastest sale for the best price! And that’s why you need a professional to assist you in the selling of your home.
Often, in a seller’s market, homes that are priced slightly below market value initially will sell for more, simply because of the extra interest they incite. This can be a risk, however, and when it comes to such a decision, an experienced, trusted Realtor® is your best ally.
If I can help answer any questions or provide you with a free market analysis on your home, you can call me (Meena Gujral) at 510-279-9580. To see all the homes I have sold in Five Canyons, Palomares Hills and other areas of Castro Valley California, go to